www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

Saturday 12 June 2010

Work in Progress



In his book "Jamming', John Kao describes 'Going to the woodshed' as a place and a given time that someone has the opportunity to go and 'destroy what we know to get to what we don't know'.

It is a luxury to have several hours in a day and several days in a row to go to my studio and unlearn having an expectation of finishing something that day and letting the minutes run into hours where I can play, destroy, break the rules to only master them again and find I have changed my mind. Anything is possible.

Visitors today saw the alchemy unfold as fluids mixed, repelled, scorched by salts or fixed in a stasis by an enamel fix.

Scale has been taunting me for sometime. Not wanting my 10x10 daily obsessions to become mere studies for larger pieces I stand before my 50x50 (on the floor of drive) and wonder what they may become.... watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment