www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

Sunday 6 June 2010

Opening Night



"It was how big?"

Making sales and having conversations are a couple of the drivers for me to open my studio annually. This year I had an additional motive of inviting neighbours and friends to a little Preview on the Friday evening. It was a gloriously warm evening and the wine and critical discourse flowed.

We have lived in a small Kent village for 8 years, it was the move that slowly enabled me to reconnect with my art practice and have the space for a studio. However not having children at the local school, not being church goers (although Frank now is on the church grounds grass cutting rota) and not having a village pub; the opportunities for us all to get together are what we create for ourselves. It was a pleasure to spend time in the company of our neighbours and get to know one another more than a nod over a steering wheel in a lane or a wave above hedgerows as we ramble and walk with dogs.

I was happy to reveal some of my processes and share an enthusiasm for living and being inspired by such an idyll. Thank you all for coming.

Put the following reference in google maps and find the location of Dawlton Barn, take a street eye view of the village Elmsted and see what else is around. 51.159538,1.023161

No comments:

Post a Comment