www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

www.dawltonbarn.co.uk

Thursday 27 May 2010

Look Who is Watching....


Body Casting Demonstration at The Art Room, Ashford.
I have just been sent the image above of the outcome of the body casting demo this month as part of the SEOS Preview Show. Body casting was a process I used a lot in my practice as a figurative sculptor.
I developed a whole body-drape approach over the many years worked at Yorkshire Sculpture Park, Wakefield, with anyone from young children sat in 'buddha' like poses to images of personal identity working with young adults that were wheelchair users. I had forgotten the magic of working with plaster and the impact it has when the model peels themselves from the cast husk.
You can check out a web broadcast TV film and interview by going to www.yourkenttv.co.uk and search for "getting plastered in Kent".
Thanks to Sharon Binnie (model) for braving the grey overcast weather with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment